Thursday, April 19, 2007

Back to the Blue Dress

For the past two days I have not been able to upload images on Blogspot. Apparently, the site encountered a glitch when they updated their system which affected their ability to upload or view images on a few blogs.
Since I wasn't able to post, I decided to work on the blue dress. First, I cut out neck pieces from ultra suede. Next, I sewed the zipper into the opening which I had previously cut out. Once the zipper was solidly in place, I positioned the ultra suede pieces into the neckline and sewed them into place. I then completed the neckline with top stitching.
While I was working, my 11 year old son, Kenny, joined me just to watch. He brought Ricco along. Ricco is an India Ringnecked Parakeet, named after one of the penguin characters in the children's film "Madagascar". Ricco can say his name and does some tricks, such as putting a gold ring into a bowl. As you can see from the picture I took, Ricco absolutely adores his boy.
I wanted to try to set the sleeves in place tonight but discovered that I was out of twill tape. I won' t be able to get to a sewing notions store until Saturday so the project will be on hold until then. I guess I'll work on the Sublime vest instead.

No comments: