Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Countdown Begins

Only seven left days left before I head back home to Washington State. I am so looking forward to the get away, particularily since I will be spending the first week at Madelyn van der Hoogt’s Weaving School on Whidbey Island. I can hardly wait.
In the meantime, I have much to get ready before I leave. All of my open cases at work have to be reviewed and updated. The house has to be cleaned and I need to lay in a huge supply of food for my 18 year old son, Justin (otherwise known as "the incredible eating machine"). At 6'9" tall and still growing, he seems to ALWAYS be hungry. Still, Justin is a big help help when my husband and I are in Washington. He takes takes care of the house, as well as my dogs, horses, fish and bird.

In between all the chores, I have been working on the Sublime vest. Although the pattern is relatively simple, it has been slow going with everything I need to accomplish this week. I finished the 2 x 2 ribbing on the front piece, completed the decrease row, and have started on the pattern. It is a fairly straight forward cable and bobble pattern repeated every 12 rows.

However, I have already made a modification. According to the pattern, the bobble consists of purl stitches as the face of the bobble. I prefer knit stitches on the face of the bobble so I reversed the pattern. My goal is to reach armhole shaping before I leave. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty pattern! You're doing a beautiful job.