Monday, May 21, 2007

The Endless Afghan - The Fifth Square

I have finally had the opportunity to work on some knitting. And because it has been one week since I posted my progress on the The Great American Aran Afghan, I decided to work on a square designed by Barbara Selesnick.
This design features two vertical rows of cables which resemble hearts, as well as some open work crossed cables on the edges. This square was fairly easy and quick to knit.

This square knitted up slightly smaller on the recommended needle size so I traded up .5 mm and it came out exactly on gauge. After inserting the blocking wires, I steamed it to set the stitches. Here is the closeup of the finished square.

I took these pictures and downloaded to my flashdrive before work this morning. When I got to my office, I found two packages waiting for me --- one from my Secret Pal 10 and one from Lavender Sheep Fibers. I didn't have my camera with me at work and I was due in court so will post about the packages tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I am in awe of your staying power on this afghan, it seems so intricate and complex, it must be taking you hours upon hours.

Sharon said...

Lovely knitting!

Danielle said...

Wow, that afghan is coming right along!