Just before I left for Washington last week, two of the blogs I regularly read (Yarnhog and Knottykitty) let me know I have been "tagged". This strikes me as somewhat amusing because I can say with absolute certainty that I have always tossed any chain letter I have ever received into the trash, thus depriving myself of untold riches, boundless good luck, health and other assorted sundry promises. But in the spirit of blogging I decided to play. So here are my eight random facts:
- I am a licensed pilot rated for both hot air balloons and single engine planes. My first hot air balloon was a purple, blue and white Raven RX-6 named Skybird. I continue to like that color combination and use it frequently in my knitting.
- My husband and I have been together for nearly sixteen years. I met him when he arrested my client in the courtroom on an outstanding warrant (Dan was working as a bailiff in the Family Law Department at the time). He doesn't fully understand my huge collection of books and/or yarn stash but has managed to learn to quit looking surprised when he discovers yarn stash in unusual areas in our house, such as in the book shelf, in the pantry, in the hall closet, under the bed......
- I am a published author and have had stories appear in Guideposts Magazine and Reader's Digest.
- I have owned Schipperkes (a breed of dog) continuously for the past 35 years. Quite a few have became champions in confirmation shows.
- I am over six feet tall. For those that are wondering, I am about five inches taller than Dan.
- I like to ride horses and have owned a rather cantankerous American Quarter Horse named Dallas for the past 14 years.
- Both my husband and I have ham radio licenses.
- I like power boating. Dan and I have a 30 foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser named Blue Moose. Two years ago my son's Cub Scout Pack decorated the boat and our truck and entered it in the Clovis Children's Light Parade. Otherwise, we take the boat to the California Delta and stay on board for up to seven days. Unfortunately, the recent huge spike in gasoline prices has curtailed much of our boating this year.
I have checked nearly every blog that I read and this "Eight Random Things" tag seems to have spread like wildfire. As a result, every blog I frequent has already posted their random facts and it seems unfair to tag someone I haven't read on a regular basis. If you haven't played, and want to be tagged, post a comment requesting that I tag you and I will be more than happy to oblige.