Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Book Review

Kenny and I are leaving for Washington State June 29th. We are driving our car and plan to pull a U-Haul trailer so that I can transport a bookshelf, a barbeque, an knick knack cabinet and assorted boxes. I decided this would be a great time to go through my craft books, weed out the duplicates, and make of list of all the books I currently own.
It has taken me 12 evenings working off and on to rearrange the bookshelves. I found several duplicate books (a result of receiving one as a gift after I had already purchased the same title) which I boxed to take up to Washington. I also organized the bookshelf into categories (1) Spinning, (2) Weaving, (3) Machine Knitting, (4) Hand Knitting, (5) Embroidery, (6) Sewing, (7) Pattern Drafting, (8) Miscellaneous Crafts, (9) Knitting novels and Humor, (11) Designing, and (11) North American Birds (I know -- birds aren't a part of the fiber art group but I like to watch them and have bird feeders all over). I added a shelf for DVD's and my notebooks. When I was done, I could actually find books I was looking for without reading every title.
I also started a swatch of the yarn I just finished spinning and plying. I decided to make the shawl as a Christmas present and have absolutely no idea what gauge this will knit up at -- hence the swatch.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

At least you have the excuse of having gotten your duplicate books as gifts. Twice in the past few weeks I've bought interesting books at the bookstore, brought them home, and realized that I knew what was on the next page. The first time it happened, I thought maybe I was psychic, but then I realized I had bought the same book at the same bookstore the previous week! At least I'm consistent.

knottykitty said...

Ha! I've done the same thing! A guess a book you really like is interesting EVERY time you see it in the store! You have a huge library there! Love the colors of the yarn you spun---should make a lovely shawl!